Definitions of crisis
- 1.A crisis is serious disruption of the functioning of a community or a society causing widespread human, material, economic or environmental losses which exceed the ability of the affected community or society to cope using its own resources.
- 2.A crisis is a situation of extreme vulnerability caused by a combination of structural factors such as weak public institutions, an exposure to multifaceted risks and conditions of poverty and social exclusion.
- 3.A crisis is a calamitous event resulting in loss of life, great human suffering and distress, and large-scale material damage.
- 4.Crisis is a word that has been changing over time, but it should just mean a critical point or event. The destruction wrought by the typhoon to our infrastructure has caused a national crisis. If we do not take immediate action to distribute food and assistance, we will experience a catastrophe.
- 5.Do not know
- 6.None of the above - Please add you definition in a Reply